bringing solutions to the climate, biodiversity and social challenges by combining local knowledge, science & technologies
RISE aims to demonstrate, act and advocate how we can combine local knowledge and expertise, science and technology to provide innovative and effective solutions to climate change (adaptation and mitigation), biodiversity and social challenges around the world.
5 scientific exploration to discover HIGH POTENTIAL SOLUTIONS FOR A worldwide impact
illustrate by the example of 5 local communities
PASTORALISM in Kenya with the Borana.
OCEAN in Madagascar with the Ankivonjy community
FOREST in Nepal with the Bagedada community forest
AGRICULTURE in Peru with the Quechuas
TRANSPORT in Canada with the Inuit
MAIN OUTPUTS OF THE 5 SCIENTIFIC EXPLORATION
MEDIA & COMMUNICATION
- Worldwide collection of 5 x 60′ documentaries on each theme
- Collection of short interviews with sustainability leaders broadcast at international events (COP / climate week etc.)
- Exhibition of phot os and videos taken during the scientific exploration
- Short videos and content for social networks aimed at the general public
Advocacy & sciences
- 5 digital white papers for public and private sector decision makers to demonstrate the impact of these solutions and understand how they can be scaled globally.
- A global network bringing together scientists, film crews, governments, international organisations, NGOs and major corporations on these issues.
- The RISE serious game to enable everyone to brainstorm on these issues
- Educational toolkits with media content from the documentaries for educational institutions
- Partnerships with 5 local schools and universities close to the communities
- Children’s books inspired by the community meetings & the scientists’ work
WITH A WHOLE DEDICATED ECOSYSTEM
1. AMERICAN, EUROPEAN AND LOCAL FILMING TEAM
for the documentary.
2. BEST INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTER
to have a large global audience and disseminate knowledge to all, particularly by reaching the most disadvantaged in urban and rural areas.
3. A MULTIDISCIPLINARY NETWORK
with the best international scientists in the field, including renowned IPCC authors.
4. STRONG LINKS
with local governments, international organisations and institutions to directly address public and private decision makers.
5. NETWORK OF 5 INTERNATIONAL PREMIUM PRIVATE PARTNERS
who are world leaders in their sectors.
By creating the 'RISE - Our World Heritage' Foundation to support the entire project, we are demonstrating our willingness to carry out this public interest mission and to be transparent.
The premium partners
As global leaders in sustainability, they will help the RISE foundation to engage all stakeholders and decision-makers to disseminate and adopt these solutions and approaches around the world to combat climate change, conserve biodiversity and reduce inequalities.
+33 6 63 59 57 89